ABOUT BOATSWAIN'S LOCKER:
Since 1939 Boatswain's Locker has been an industry leader in distribution and service of marine propulsion engines from 9 hp to over 2000 hp and all related systems. Our customer base is comprised of recreational, commercial, and military boat builders, dealers, and users in the Southwest US, Hawaii, and parts of Mexico. We serve as our own Dealership for end-users in areas surrounding our service branches. The products we represent are the market leaders in their respective niches. We rely heavily on our technical strengths and hands-on can-do attitude to support our products and our customers. Our success is measured by our track record of continuous growth and profitability. Our people are our greatest strength and we encourage and reward excellence, teamwork, and continuous improvement. Opportunities for personal growth, development, and advancement exist for all employees.
This is a really great place to work!
Currently seeking applications for:
MARINE ENGINE MASTER TECHNICIAN
• Perform repair, maintenance, overhaul, warranty, and replacement for marine engines, generators, transmissions, and related components for recreational and commercial users in both Northern and Southern California. Shop and field work. Service van provided.
• Specific tasks would include diagnosis and troubleshooting, repair and maintenance, complete overhaul, repowering of engines and generators, set-up and commissioning of electronic control systems, replacement or repair of related components and systems, etc.
• Specific products would include Yanmar Marine Engines, Mercruiser Marine Engines and Sterndrives, Scania Commercial Marine Engines, Mitsubishi Commercial Marine Engines, Kohler Marine Generators, Hamilton Waterjets, Velvet Drive Transmissions, ZF Transmissions, and a variety of related accessory products.
• Technical training provided as needed for gasoline and diesel marine engines; drive systems; engine electronics; transmissions; marine generators; installation and application of propulsion systems and power plants; related systems; maintenance, repair, and overhaul; diagnosis and troubleshooting.
• Ensure proper operation of tools, equipment, and vehicle by performing preventive maintenance and initiating repairs.
• Maintain Quality performance by following organization standards.
• Contribute to Team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
• Conduct himself or herself in alignment with Company Core Values of Integrity, Trust, Honesty, Teamwork, Accountability, and Quality.
• Must have knowledge of and experience with marine engine installation and repair, and boat systems in general. Experience with listed products not required but preferred. Must have tools. Valid driver’s license required, as well as acceptable driving record. In addition, the following general skills and traits would be necessary for success: Technical aptitude, computer skills, positive attitude, team player, customer service and written communication skills, ability to work independently, precision and accuracy, problem solving skills, effective and efficient work habits, ability to deal with complexity and tight deadlines, ability to interact effectively with other departments, professional appearance and behavior, willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
WE WILL PROVIDE SOME TRAINING
•Commensurate with experience
Comprehensive benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, and disability insurance, 401(k), and Profit Sharing,
• Medical, dental and 401(k)
• Profit Sharing
• Opportunities for personal growth and advancement exist and are encouraged.
email or fax your resume to
Boatswain's Locker, Inc.
Contact: Fernando Cueva, Service Manager
Address: 931 W. 18th St., Costa Mesa,CA 92627
Position is open until filled.